It was one of a series of newspapers published by Newsquest (Leeds) for the west of the city. It was an offshoot of the Bramley Advertiser, founded in 1891 and bought by Newsquest in February 2003. Newsquest expanded the original title energetically; the Pudsey Advertiser was founded less than 18 months later, in the summer of 2004. (The Armley & Wortley Advertiser had already been set up in November 2003, and the Horsforth Advertiser followed in July 2005.)
All four titles were incorporated into a single title, The Advertiser, in June 2008, with shared editorial offices in Pudsey.
It came out on Wednesdays.