It was founded in 1909 as The Carrick Herald and South Ayrshire Advertiser. From 1974 it was published as the Carrick Herald and Ayr Advertiser; it adopted its present title in 2008.
It’s published by Ayrshire Weekly Press, a branch of the Dunfermline-based Romanes Media Group (formerly Clyde & Forth Press), and is part of a series for Ayrshire including the Ayr Advertiser and the Troon Times. The editorial offices are in Ardrossan and are shared with the other two titles in the series.
It comes out on Tuesdays.
- Carrick Herald
- 01292 267631
- 01292 466590