It was founded in 1895 as The Troon Times. In 1904 it changed title to The Troon & Prestwick Times and kept that title until 1982, when it reverted to Troon Times (without the The). By 1995 it had adopted its present formal title.
It’s published by Ayrshire Weekly Press (part of the independent Romanes Media Group, formerly Clyde & Forth Press) as part of their Ayr Advertiser series. The series editorial offices are in Ardrossan in North Ayrshire.
It comes out on Tuesdays.
- Troon Times
- 01292 267631
- 01292 466590