It was originally part of the Thetford & Watton Times, first published in 1880, but was launched as a separate title in 1986, when the parent newspaper was split into two titles.The Thetford & Brandon Times was launched at the same time.
It’s published by Archant Norfolk (part of the Archant media group, formerly Eastern Counties Newspapers). Its former office in Swaffham has closed; although it now shares an office in Dereham with the Dereham Times and Fakenham & Wells Times (at the address given below), the editorial staff are based in Norwich.
It comes out on Wednesdays. An e-edition’s also available free on the website.