It was founded in 1889 as The Chesham Examiner, Amersham & Rickmansworth Times and renamed the Bucks Examiner in 1906, keeping that title for nearly a century before expanding to the Buckinghamshire Examiner in 2002. Colloquially it’s still often referred to as the Bucks Examiner, for instance in its Facebook and Twitter profiles.
It’s published by Trinity Mirror Southern and is the largest title in their Advertiser & Examiner series covering South East Buckinghamshire. The editorial offices are in Trinity Mirror Southern’s Uxbridge headquarters.
Since 2002 there’s been a sub-edition for Amersham, the Amersham & Little Chalfont Examiner (the Amersham Examiner prior to November 2008).
It lost its separate web presence in mid-September 2013 when the site at buckinghamshireexaminer.co.uk was replaced by a single website for both Trinity Mirror’s Buckinghamshire titles, getbucks.co.uk.
It comes out on Thursdays.