Stratford & Newham Express (defunct)
The Stratford & Newham Express
was a weekly freesheet tabloid newspaper for the town of Stratford and the London Borough of Newham
in the East End of London, including the districts of East and West Ham, Forest Gate, Upton and Upton Park, Plaistow, Canning Town and Beckton.
It was founded in 1866 by the Wilson and Whitworth partnership. Latterly it was published by East London Newspapers, a subsidiary of Archant London, a division of Norwich-based media group Archant. It was a companion to the weekly paid-for tabloid newspaper the Newham Recorder, whose website and editorial offices (in Ilford) it shared.
It came out on Wednesdays. A free e-edition was also available on the website.
It closed in April 2011 and was replaced by a new Stratford edition of the Newham Recorder, entitled the Stratford Recorder.