It was founded in 1882 as The Evening News. After just six weeks it was renamed the Eastern Evening News, but reverted to the original name in 1991. It became the Norwich Evening News in 2005.
It’s published by Archant Norfolk, a branch of the Norwich-based Archant media group’s newspaper Archant Anglia division. The company was founded in Norwich in 1845 and was known as Eastern Counties Newspapers until 2002.
The editorial offices are in Archant’s headquarters building in Rouen Road to the south of Norwich city centre.
There’s a companion freesheet, the Norwich Advertiser.
An e-edition’s available by paid subscription.