It’s published by Cambridge Newspapers, part of the Iliffe News & Media group, which was formerly owned by the Yattendon Investment Trust but became part of the new Local World group at the end of 2012. The editorial offices are in Haverhill.
It was founded in 1889. In 1910 it was incorporated into the Cambridgeshire Weekly News, partly re-emerging the following year as the Haverhill edition of the Saffron Walden Weekly News. However, it disappeared altogether in 1941 and didn’t reappear under its original title until the 1980s.
Its website is a sub-domain of the Cambridge News‘s website.
It comes out on Thursdays. A free e-edition’s also available by email and on the website.