It was founded in about 1864 as the Dunstable Borough Gazette. Between 1873 and 1969 it was known as the Dunstable Borough Gazette and Luton Journal, but took on its present title thereafter.
It’s published by Premier Newspapers, part of nationwide publishers of regional newspapers Johnston Press‘s South Midlands division. The editorial offices are in Luton and are shared with the sister title for Luton, the Luton News, and Premier’s freesheet for the area, the Herald & Post.
It comes out on Wednesdays.