It was founded in 1866 as the Cardigan & Tivyside Advertiser. From 1992 to 1994 it had a local sub-edition for Fishguard, the Fishguard & Tivyside Advertiser. From 1994 it was known simply as the Tivy-Side Advertiser.
It’s currently published by Newsquest (Wales) and carries news in both English and Welsh languages.
The editorial offices are in Aberteifi (Cardigan) but moved within the town in early 2011, from St Mary Street to Bath House Road.
It comes out on Wednesdays.