It was founded in 1893 as the North Star and Farmers’ Chronicle and kept that name until 1969, when it was taken into the Highland News series as the Highland News & North Star and Farmers’ Chronicle, adopting the News‘s edition numbers in the process. It underwent two name changes in as many months in 1976, becoming first the Highland News & North Star and then the North Star & East Ross Star, before assuming its present title in June 1977.
It’s published by Inverness-based Scottish Provincial Press. The main editorial offices are in Inverness, although there’s a newsdesk in Dingwall too (which is at the address given below, shared with the Ross-shire Journal).
Unusually for a weekly, it comes out on Saturdays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.