It’s Glasgow’s only evening title.
It was founded in 1876 as a sister paper to what was then the Glasgow Herald. Original publishers George Outram were bought by Sir Hugh Fraser in 1964 and then sold to Tiny Rowland’s Lonrho group in 1979. After a spell of owner-management from 1992 to 1996 as Caledonian Newspapers, the Herald and the Times were acquired by Scottish Television, who were rebranded the Scottish Media Group (later SMG).
Its slogan is: “Nobody knows Glasgow better”.
There are three editions: the Main edition, the Late News Final and (on Saturdays) the Weekend Times. E-editions are also available via the website by paid subscription.