It was founded in 1892 as The Cowdenbeath & Lochgelly Times and Advertiser. In 1919 it added the prefix title The Times.
It was published in two separate editions from 1927 to 1973. The Cowdenbeath edition was titled the Cowdenbeath & District Advertiser until 1937, then the Cowdenbeath & District Advertiser and Kelty News until 1967. For the last six years of its separate existence it lost the & District. Meanwhile, the Lochgelly edition was known as The Times of Lochgelly, Bowhill, Dundonald, Cardenden, Glencraig and Lochare from 1927 to 1967, and then simply The Times for Lochgelly and District. The two editions were reunited in 1973 under their present title.
It’s published by Forth Weekly Press, a division of the Romanes Media Group (formerly Clyde & Forth Press). Its editorial offices are at Romanes’s headquarters in Dunfermline, along with those of the Dunfermline Press.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- Central Fife Times
Pitreavie Business Park
- 01383 728201
- 01383 737040