It was published by BPM Media, a regional division of the Trinity Mirror group. The editorial offices used to be in Sutton Coldfield, but moved to Fort Dunlop in 2009.
It was much older than most freesheets at the time of its demise; it was originally founded in 1869 as the Sutton Coldfield and Erdington News.
It came out on Fridays.
Trinity Mirror announced on 14 November 2011 that the Sutton Coldfield News would be closed as part of an efficiency savings process. The final issue appeared on 18 November.