It was founded in 1881 as The Spalding Guardian and Holbeach, Long Sutton, and Sutton Bridge Advertiser. Between 1936 and 1953 it was known as the Lincoln Rutland and Stamford Mercury and Spalding Guardian, establishing a visible link with the Rutland & Stamford Mercury. Thereafter it adopted its present title.
It’s published by East Midlands Newspapers Ltd, a division of Johnston Press. Its editorial offices are in Spalding and are shared with its more widely distributed sister title the Lincolnshire Free Press, with which it also shares a website.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- Spalding Guardian
- 01775 725021
- 01775 714744