Port Talbot Guardian (defunct)
It was founded in 1926 as the Port Talbot Guardian, Aberavon and Port Talbot Observer, Neath and County Standard. It became simply the Guardian in 1988, then adopted its final title in 1990.
It was published by Cardiff-based Media Wales Ltd, part of the Trinity Mirror publishing group, as part of a two-title series together with the Neath Guardian. As with the other newspapers in the Celtic Weekly Newspapers group, the main offices were in Cardiff, but there was also an editorial office in Bridgend, shared with the Glamorgan Gazette.
Like Media Wales’s other newspapers, it had no website of its own; its web presence was on the WalesOnline.co.uk website.
It came out on Thursdays. It closed along with the Neath Guardian on 1 October 2009.