It started out in 1866 as the Central Glamorgan Gazette and General Advertiser but switched to its current name in 1894. It’s published by Media Wales Ltd, who are part of Trinity Mirror; its web presence is through their overall WalesOnline.co.uk site.
The editorial offices were in Bridgend until January 2014. Media Wales announced at the end of that month that it would be closing Celtic Weekly Newspapers’ branch offices and centralising operations at its headquarters in Cardiff.
There are two editions: one for Bridgend and one for the Valleys.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- Glamorgan Gazette
Six Park Street
- 029 2024 3630
- 029 2058 3652