It was originally founded in 1873 as the Colne & Nelson Times, but was renamed simply the Colne Times in 1935 when it became part of the Leader-Times series headed by the Nelson Leader. It’s published by East Lancashire Newspapers, which is part of the Johnston Press group’s North West division, from editorial offices in Nelson.
An associated freesheet, the Pendle Express, ceased publication in 2011.
All the Leader-Times series titles share a common website; the news sections for the individual coverage areas were dropped in a website revamp in early 2011.
It comes out on Fridays.