It was founded in 1854 as the Haverfordwest and Milford Haven Telegraph and General Weekly Reporter for the Counties of Pembroke, Cardigan etc. but simplified its title to the Pembrokeshire Telegraph in 1919. In 1934 it incorporated the Carmarthenshire weekly the Cymric Times, which had been founded as the Celtic News and West Wales General Advertiser in 1923; the combined title was known at first as the Western Telegraph & Times, then from 1937 onwards as the Western Telegraph & Cymric Times (colloquially, just the Telegraph & Times) until 1991, when the Cymric Times was finally dropped.
It’s owned and published by Newsquest (Wales), part of the Newsquest media group. Its editorial offices moved within Haverfordwest in November 2012, from Merlin’s Bridge (where they’d been since 1970) to the equally intriguingly named Western Tangiers.
It comes out on Wednesdays.