It’s published by Johnston (Falkirk), the local (and original) division of the nationwide regional newspaper publisher Johnston Press, and is one of a Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette series that also includes the Bo’ness Journal and the Queensferry Gazette. The editorial offices are in Grangemouth, having moved there from Linlithgow in 2013.
Its history goes back to 1891 and the foundation of the Linlithgowshire Gazette and Lothians Chronicle. In 1900 it became the Linlithgowshire Gazette for Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Queensferry, Kirkliston, Winchburgh, etc., but dropped all but the first two words of the title in 1935. In 1952 it merged with The Bo’ness Journal, and Linlithgow Advertiser to become the Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette. It resumed its separate identity as simply the Linlithgow Gazette in 1991.
It comes out on Fridays.