It was founded in 1891 as the Kilsyth Chronicle, Denny, Bonnybridge and Cumbernauld Weekly News. It absorbed the Kirkintilloch Gazette, Lenzie and Campsie Reporter in 1938 and adopted its present title at the same time. The Cumbernauld News was spun off as a separate edition in 1961; its circulation now outstrips the Chronicle‘s by about two-and-a-half to one.
It’s published by Johnston (Falkirk) Ltd, the original company behind nationwide regional newspapers publishing group Johnston Press. The editorial offices are in Cumbernauld and shared with the Cumbernauld News.
The Chronicle no longer has its own website; the URL below now redirects to the News‘s site. Both titles also share social media profiles.
It comes out on Wednesdays.
- Kilsyth Chronicle
10-12 Tay Walk
- 01236 725578
- 01236 729931