It’s the descendant of the original Teignmouth Post (founded in 1882 as The Teignmouth Post, Arrival List, Directory and General Advertiser) and the Teignmouth Gazette (established in 1849 as The Teignmouth Gazette, Directory, and South Devon General Advertiser, incorporating the Teignmouth Arrival List, Directory and General Advertiser founded two years earlier). The two titles merged in September 1939, two weeks after the outbreak of the Second World War.
It was taken over by Farnham Castle Newspapers, a publishing company owned by Sir Ray Tindle, in January 1980, and is now published by Devon & Cornwall Newspapers, part of the Tindle Newspapers group. It’s actually a local sub-edition of the Mid-Devon Advertiser and is produced from their editorial offices in Newton Abbot.
It’s not Tindle’s only newspaper for Teignmouth; the freesheet Teignmouth News also covers the town. However, that’s published by Dawlish Newspapers and is independent of the Post.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.