Its history goes back to 1858 and the foundation of The Sheerness Guardian, and East Kent Advertiser. The Sheerness Times and General Advertiser was founded in competition 10 years later; the two papers merged in 1939 under the title Sheerness Times & Guardian, dropping the ampersand in 1954. It was acquired by the KM Group (formerly the Kent Messenger Group) in 1987.
It’s locally nicknamed “The Local”.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available, by paid subscription.