Its history went back to 1895 and the foundation of the Chiswick Times. In 1927 that newspaper became the Brentford & Chiswick Times and kept that title until 1983, when it became the Brentford, Chiswick and Isleworth Times. A separate edition, the Hounslow, Feltham and Hanworth Times, was launched in 1987; the two were unified in January 2008. It made the transition from a paid-for title to a freesheet in May of that year, after which a substantial portion of the print run was distributed by free pickup rather than through newsagents.
It came out on Fridays.
It ceased publication on 23 July 2010.