Its history goes back to 1880, with the foundation of the Worcester Daily Times and Journal. The daily became an evening title in February 1937 as the Worcester Evening Times, and then was renamed the Evening News and Times just nine months later, retaining that name (apart from two years from 1939-41 when it dropped the Evening) until 1962. It then became the Worcester Evening News until 1967, and simply the Evening News from then to 1997. After a relatively brief return to being the Worcester Evening News, it dropped the Evening – and became a daily title once more – in 2005.
It’s published by Newsquest (Midlands South) Ltd from their offices overlooking the River Severn and Worcester racecourse. The office building is called Berrows House, named after the News‘s weekly sister paper, Berrow’s Worcester Journal, claimed to be the oldest newspaper continuously in print.