It was founded in Colwyn Bay in 1889 as the Weekly News and Visitors’ Chronicle for Colwyn Bay, etc.. In 1902 it became the Colwyn Bay Weekly News, etc.; it adopted its present title with the first issue of 1905.
It’s published by Trinity Mirror North Wales, part of Trinity Mirror‘s North West & Wales division. Its editorial offices are now in Llandudno Junction and are shared with its sister paper, the Daily Post.
Apart from the general edition, there are also local editions for Colwyn and for the Conwy Valley.
It no longer has its own website; instead, it “powers” the Conwy pages of the Daily Post‘s website.
It comes out on Thursdays.