It’s published by Trinity Mirror North Wales, a branch of Trinity Mirror‘s North West & Wales division. The editorial offices are in Llandudno Junction.
It started life in 1955 as the Welsh edition of another Trinity Mirror title, the Liverpool Daily Post (which is now a weekly and simply called the Liverpool Post). It was renamed simply the Daily Post – initially with the subtitle “The paper for Wales” – in 1978.
Since the beginning of 2011 it’s been published in two editions: West (Conwy, Gwynedd, Ynys Môn) and East (Denbighshire, Flintshire, Wrexham). The West edition sells almost twice as many copies as the East edition.