It’s published by Angus County Press Ltd, who are based in Forfar and are part of the nationwide Johnston Press group. The editorial offices are in Montrose.
It was founded by James Watt in 1811 as the Montrose, Arbroath and Brechin Review; and Forfar and Kincardineshires Advertiser, making it Scotland’s second-oldest weekly newspaper. In 1919 it became simply the Montrose Review. It added the Forfar and Kincardine Shires Advertiser to the title once more in 1923, then became the Montrose Review, and Angus and Kincardineshire Advertiser for a brief period in 1930 before reverting to its present title.
It comes out on Thursdays.