It was founded in 1952 as the first of two companion titles to the Turriff & District Advertiser founded by W D Peters and R G Peters two decades earlier. Originally titled the Inverurie & District Advertiser, it lost the & District from its title in 1979, as did the other newspapers in the series.
It’s still produced by the same company, W. Peters & Son Ltd. Their head offices and printworks are in Turriff, but there’s now also an office in Inverurie.
Like the other Advertisers, the Inverurie Advertiser‘s web presence is a Google site linked to from the W. Peters & Son Ltd website.
It comes out on Fridays.