Its origins go back to 1885 and the foundation of the Kirkcaldy Mail, which was first renamed simply The Mail in 1911 and then split into two editions in 1913, one of them being The Mail for Leven, Wemyss and East Fife. It was renamed the Leven Mail in 1923; after a year as the Fife Mail from 1965 to 1966, it adopted its existing title.
It’s published by Strachan & Livingston Ltd, part of Johnston Press‘s Scottish division. It’s part of their Fife Free Press group and shares the group’s common website. The editorial offices were formerly in Leven, but have now been centralised to the group’s Kirkcaldy headquarters.
It comes out on Wednesdays.