It was founded in 1896 as The Galashiels Telegraph, but adopted its present title in 1902.
It’s published by Border Weeklies Ltd, a branch of Forth Weekly Press, which itself is a division of the Romanes Media Group (formerly Clyde & Forth Press). The editorial offices are in Galashiels, although they’ve moved twice in recent years: first from the High Street to Channel Street in 2008, and then to Market Street in 2013.
It’s a sister title to the Peebles-based Peeblesshire News.
It comes out on Wednesdays.
- Border Telegraph
32B Market Street
- 01896 758395
- 01896 759395