It was originally founded in 1878 as The Bo’ness Journal, and Linlithgow Advertiser. It was incorporated into the Linlithgow Gazette in 1952, but revived as a separate title in 1999.
It’s published by Johnston (Falkirk) – the original branch of nationwide publishers of regional and local newspapers Johnston Press – and is a sub-edition of their Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette series of titles for West Lothian. The series shares a common website and editorial offices, which were formerly in Linlithgow but moved in 2013 to Grangemouth, where it shares with The Falkirk Herald.
It comes out on Fridays.