It was founded in 1897, apparently as a spin-off of the Mid-Ulster Mail. For six years from 1977 to 1983 it was known as the Lurgan/Craigavon Mail.
It’s published by Morton Newspapers, part of the UK-wide regional newspaper publishing group Johnston Press. The editorial offices were formerly in Lurgan High Street, but have now moved to Morton’s headquarters in Craigavon.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available by email, by paid subscription.