It’s the oldest of the newspapers published in Larne, having been founded in 1891 by W. & G. Baird Ltd (publishers of the Belfast Evening Telegraph, the city’s first evening newspaper) as The Larne Times and Weekly Telegraph. It became simply the Larne Times in 1936. In 1962 it underwent a rebranding as the East Antrim Times and continued under that title until 1983, when it split into a three-title series for north-eastern Co. Antrim, the others being the Carrick Times and the Newtownabbey Times. The Larne edition resumed the Larne Times title for three years, then became the Larne Times & East Antrim Times until 2009.
It’s been published by Morton Newspapers Ltd, Ulster’s largest weekly newspaper publishers, since 1986. UK nationwide regional press giants Johnston Press acquired Morton from media group Scottish Radio Holdings in 2005.
It comes out on Thursdays.