It was established in 1872 as the Pudsey & Stanningley News and was renamed the Pudsey News in 1968, before being relaunched as the Pudsey Times in 1982.
It was published by Yorkshire Post Newspapers, a division of the nationwide local and regional newspaper publishers Johnston Press. It was affiliated with the Yorkshire Evening Post, with which it latterly shared editorial offices in Leeds after Johnston closed its Otley offices.
It used to have its own website at the URL given below, but that now redirects to the YEP‘s website.
It came out on Thursdays.
It closed at the beginning of July 2012, along with the Leeds Weekly News.