It’s a family-owned independent newspaper which was founded in 1950 by Frank and Vivienne Harris and which incorporated the Jewish Gazette in 1995. As of February 2014 it claimed to be the only regional Jewish newspaper in the United Kingdom.
The other editions are:
- Manchester (also covers the Fylde coast, Southport and the Midlands)
- Glasgow (also covers elsewhere in Scotland including Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and Stranraer)
Each of them has its own section on the common Jewish Telegraph website, and there are separate editorial offices for each edition; the Leeds office moved from Roundhay to Chapel Allerton in 2013.
All come out on Fridays.