It was founded in 1882. (Several other 19th-century newspapers combined the words “Uttoxeter” and “Advertiser” somewhere in their titles, but were unconnected with the Uttoxeter Advertiser.) For most of its history, from 1896 to 2005, it was known as the Uttoxeter Advertiser and Ashbourne Times.
It’s published by Staffordshire Newspapers Ltd, part of the Iliffe News & Media group, which in turn became part of the new Local World media group at the end of 2012. The editorial offices used to be in Burton-on-Trent, with the advertising offices in nearby Ashbourne; however, they’re now in premises in Uttoxeter which the Advertiser shares (along with a website) with Iliffe’s newer acquisition covering the town, the Uttoxeter Post & Times.
It comes out on Wednesdays, one of the town’s two market days. An e-edition of the Advertiser is also available by email on paid subscription.