It was launched in 2001 and was published by Midland Weekly Media (East Midlands), a division of Trinity Mirror.
It was the third and longest-lasting title to appear under that name. The first lasted for just three-and-a-half years, from June 1892 to December 1895; the second was established in June 1905 and lasted a little longer, until February 1912.
It came out on Thursdays.
It closed in July 2009 along with eight other titles in the region as a result of cutbacks by Trinity Mirror.