It was founded in 1855 as The Ludlow Advertiser. In 1898 it was renamed The Ludlow Advertiser and Craven Arms Gazette and kept that name until 1965, when it became the Ludlow, Bishop’s Castle Advertiser. After a decade from 1966 to 1976 as the Ludlow and Bishop’s Castle Advertiser, it spent the next decade as the Ludlow edition of a newspaper entitled simply Advertiser, before assuming its present title.
It’s published by Newsquest (Midlands South) as part of a two-title Ludlow & Tenbury Wells Advertiser series together with the Tenbury Wells Advertiser. The editorial offices are shared with the Hereford Times and are in Hereford.
It comes out on Thursdays.