It was founded in 1896 as the Ledbury Reporter and Farmers’ Gazette. In 1921 it absorbed the Ledbury Guardian and Herefordshire Advertiser, originally founded in 1869 as the Ledbury Free Press, and became the Ledbury Reporter and Guardian. It dropped the and Guardian from the beginning of 1968.
Since 1970 it’s been a local sub-edition of the Malvern Gazette, initially as the Ledbury edition of the Malvern Gazette and Ledbury Reporter; it was renamed the Ledbury Reporter and Malvern Gazette in 1975, but reverted to the simple Ledbury Reporter in 1993.
It’s published by Newsquest (Midlands South). The editorial offices are in Worcester.
It comes out on Fridays.