All about the United Kingdom’s national, regional and local press

Bridgnorth Journal

The Bridgnorth Journal is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the former district of Bridgnorth in south-eastern Shropshire, including the smaller towns and villages of Albrighton, Shifnal, Broseley, Much Wenlock, Cleobury Mortimer and Highley.

It was founded in 1854 as a monthly publication, the Bridgnorth Journal and General Advertiser, but switched title after just nine issues to the Bridgnorth Journal and South Shropshire Advertiser; it changed to its present title in 1973.

It’s published by Telford-based Shropshire Newspapers, a branch of the Midland News Association and the publishers of the Shropshire Star evening tabloid newspaper for the county. The editorial offices are in Bridgnorth High Street.

It comes out on Fridays. A free e-edition’s also available after a few days, although you have to use a search engine to get to it – it doesn’t appear to be linked to from anywhere on the site.

  • Address:
  • Bridgnorth Journal
    50A High Street
    WV16 4DX
  • Tel:
  • 01746 761411
  • Fax:
  • 01952 254605