It’s published by West Somerset Free Press Ltd, which has been owned by the Tindle Newspapers group since 1980. It was founded in 1860 by printer Samuel Cox of Williton, and remained in the family until 1969. The editorial offices are still in Williton. Unusually for such an old newspaper, it’s kept the original title throughout its history.
It has an associated freesheet tabloid, the West Somerset News-Trader.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.