It’s the result of a merger of two titles. The older of them was founded in 1889 by editor James Uren White as the St Ives Weekly Summary, Visitor’s List and Advertiser and kept that name until 1910, when it was renamed the St Ives Times and editorship passed to Martin Osborne Cock (although White returned as acting editor during the First World War). The other, the Western Echo, began publication in 1899. In 1957 John Richmond Carver took over the Echo and merged it with the Times, which he’d acquired six years earlier. The Times & Echo has remained in the hands of the Carver family ever since.
It’s published by St Ives Printing and Publishing from editorial offices in St Ives High Street.
It comes out on Fridays.