It was founded in 1857 in Crewkerne as Pulman’s Weekly News and Advertiser, making it one of Devon’s oldest newspapers. In 1881 publication shifted to Yeovil and remained there until 1899, when the newspaper split into several local editions. In 1987 they were reunited once more in Axminster.
Until April 2012 it was part of an eponymous Pulman’s Weekly News Group, owned by Tindle Newspapers. In that month Tindle acquired the Lyme Regis-based independent View from… series of weekly community freesheets covering western Dorset and southern Somerset, and rolled both operations into a new subsidiary, Devon, Dorset and Somerset Series of Newspapers Ltd. However, both the Axminster and the Lyme Regis offices continued in operation.
It came out on Fridays.
In July 2012 it was merged into Pulman’s View from Axminster, part of a series of Pulman’s View from… companion freesheets acquired in 2009 which also covers Colyton, Crewkerne, Honiton, Ottery St Mary and Seaton & Beer.