It was launched in 1983 as The Poole Advertiser “incorporating the Poole Herald“. As the title suggests, it was a successor to the Poole & Dorset Herald, Poole’s longest-running and apparently earliest newspaper, founded in 1846. In 1988 it became the Poole & Dorset Advertiser. It spent nine years from 2003 as the Poole edition of a composite freesheet called simply Advertiser, before adopting its current title in 2012.
It has no website of its own: although it has its own URL at www.pooleadvertiser.co.uk, that merely redirects to the Echo‘s website.
It comes out on Thursdays. A free e-edition’s also available via the Echo website.
- Poole Advertiser
- 01202 554601
- 01202 293676