It was founded in 1856 and, unusually for a newspaper of that age, has kept the same title throughout its existence. It was formerly published by Central Counties Newspapers, an Aylesbury-based division of regional newspaper publishers Johnston Press, but is now published by Johnston’s Premier Newspapers subsidiary.
The website previously had local news pages for various villages in the Thame area: Haddenham, Long Crendon, Dinton, Stone, Drayton Beauchamp, Ford and Upton, but appears to have lost these in a revamp in 2010.
Although it’s a freesheet, a very small number of copies (fewer than two per cent of the print run) are sold through the news trade.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available free on the website.