It was first established in 1896 and is the second oldest of a series of Herald weekly broadsheets headed by the Farnham Herald and published by Farnham Castle Newspapers, part of the independent Tindle Newspapers group founded and owned by Sir Ray Tindle. It became a free-standing title in 1950; prior to that it had been the Haslemere & Camp edition of the Farnham, Haslemere and Hindhead Herald.
The main editorial offices are in Farnham, but there’s also a branch office in Haslemere itself.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.