It was founded in 1832 by Harry Thomas Ryde as the Bucks Herald, or Farmers’ Journal and Advertising Chronicle. It was bought by Emap in 1989 and is now published by Premier Newspapers, a branch of the South Midlands division of nationwide publishers of regional and local papers Johnston Press, who acquired Emap’s newspapers in 1996. The editorial offices are in Aylesbury.
It switched from broadsheet to tabloid format at the end of May 2012.
It comes out on Wednesdays.