It was first published in 1853 as the Buckingham Advertiser. By mid-1855 it had been renamed the Buckingham Advertiser and Winslow and Brackley Record. It changed name again in 1860 to The Buckingham Advertiser and Free Press, and again in 1885 to the Buckingham Advertiser and North Bucks Free Press. In 1981 it took a more minimalist title as The Advertiser, but assumed its current title in 1984.
It’s the lead title in a series of Advertiser & Review weekly tabloids for the North Bucks/NE Oxon/SW Northants area published by Premier Newspapers, part of Johnston Press‘s South Midlands division; the other titles are the Brackley & Towcester Advertiser and the Bicester Review. All three share a website and editorial offices in Buckingham.
It comes out on Fridays.