It was founded in 1874 as The Morecambe Visitor and kept that title until 1928, when it was renamed the Morecambe & Heysham Visitor and Lancaster Advertiser. It adopted its present title in 1947; apart from three years from 1992 to 1995 when it was the Morecambe Visitor once more, it’s remained The Visitor ever since.
It’s published by Lancaster & Morecambe Newspapers Ltd, a branch of the Johnston Press nationwide group of regional and local papers. The editorial offices are in Morecambe and are shared with a freesheet companion, the Lancaster & Morecambe Reporter.
It comes out on Tuesdays.